• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Tab 4 storage issues

MW Tab

Lurker
Dec 4, 2016
I have one of my kids Tab 4 tablets and it is having storage issues. I have a 32 GB SD card that I recently formatted and I recently reset the tablet to factory settings (8 GB internal memory for the tablet). Afterwards, my kid downloaded a game (130 MB), but is unable to download anything further since we get the message from Play Store “Not enough space” and asking me to delete the only app that is on the tablet. I believe I have cleared out all the cache in system settings. I have the following device memory…

System Memory-3.28GB

Used Space- 1.16GB

Cached data- 7.74KB

Misc files- 7.75MB

Available Space-3.35GB

External SD card

Total space- 29.8GB

Available space-29.78GB

I have the only game on the tablet on the SD card. What am I missing to down load more apps and fix this storage issue? Appreciate any help!

It's difficult to say without a colored graph of your device's internal storage. I suspect that the internal storage of your phone is partitioned with a small dedicated partition for apps, the system would emit a low storage warning message when the partition is going to be full.

Firstly you need to see how the internal storage is organized. Would you mind downloading a storage analyser app from Google Store and upload a screenshot here?

Upvote 0
I would recommend the app Storage Space from Lakshman, it a small app that gives you a lot of info like this

Screenshot_2016-12-05-00-45-30-940.jpeg

Upvote 0
Or just take a screenshoot of Internal Storage. Under Settings, Storage or something like that.

A quick search shows the message might be related to Google Play services and KitKat. Suggestions include Uninstalling updates for Google Play (reportedly maybe just a temporary fix) or try the opposite and see if Updating Google Play helps.
Presumably, since you've factory reset, cache files should not be the issue here. But looking at Apps should tell you which one might need reviewing.

Which version of KitKat are you on? I vaguely recall the last update caused some grief for the Tab 4 but can't recall the particulars at the moment.

Upvote 0
I would recommend the app Storage Space from Lakshman, it a small app that gives you a lot of info like this

View attachment 112649
I am getting the same message on my sons tab4 and i have deleted all apps & cleared the cache, I have attached pics of the storage space on the device, can you help me out?

Attachments

• IMG_3178.JPG
    IMG_3178.JPG
    564.5 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you tried downloading any other apps to isolate your problem?
It seems like an app error message not a broader tablet/Android issue.

Recent reviews of the app on Google Play not too positive either.
A slew of recent one star reviews:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hasbro.FurbyWorldAPPSTORE&hl=en
Yours?
Won't work on Tablet Successfully connected our Furby to an Android phone and an IPhone. But it won't connect to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, no matter what we try! All that useless Customer Service has to say is remove the app and download it again! Then their case is closed! Judging by all the 1 star comments we're not the only ones with the problem, so maybe just maybe Hasbro should look into it rather than hoping the problem to sort itself out????

From the app description:

NOTE: The Furby Connect World app is only compatible with the Furby Connect toy (sold separately) and is not compatible with prior apps or other Furby toys.

The Furby Connect World app supports these devices running Android 4.4 and above:
SUPPORTED DEVICES
* SAMSUNG GALAXY S4, S5, S6, S7
* SAMSUNG GALAXY EDGE S6, S7
* SAMSUNG GALAXY MINI S4
* SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3, 4, 5, 10.1”
* SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 (10.1” model only)
* SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 4 (7”, 8”, 10.1”)
* GOOGLE NEXUS 7 (2013 Edition and newer)
* GOOGLE NEXUS 9
* GOOGLE PIXEL C
* MOTOROLA MOTO X (Generations 1, 2)

Check Furby.com for more information on compatibility, availability, and instructions. Make sure your device supports this app before downloading. Other devices may be compatible but are not supported. Updates may affect compatibility.

Reactions: lvt
Upvote 0
Have you tried downloading any other apps to isolate your problem?
It seems like an app error message not a broader tablet/Android issue.

Recent reviews of the app on Google Play not too positive either.
A slew of recent one star reviews:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hasbro.FurbyWorldAPPSTORE&hl=en
Yours?
Won't work on Tablet Successfully connected our Furby to an Android phone and an IPhone. But it won't connect to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, no matter what we try! All that useless Customer Service has to say is remove the app and download it again! Then their case is closed! Judging by all the 1 star comments we're not the only ones with the problem, so maybe just maybe Hasbro should look into it rather than hoping the problem to sort itself out????

From the app description:

NOTE: The Furby Connect World app is only compatible with the Furby Connect toy (sold separately) and is not compatible with prior apps or other Furby toys.

The Furby Connect World app supports these devices running Android 4.4 and above:
SUPPORTED DEVICES
* SAMSUNG GALAXY S4, S5, S6, S7
* SAMSUNG GALAXY EDGE S6, S7
* SAMSUNG GALAXY MINI S4
* SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3, 4, 5, 10.1”
* SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 (10.1” model only)
* SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 4 (7”, 8”, 10.1”)
* GOOGLE NEXUS 7 (2013 Edition and newer)
* GOOGLE NEXUS 9
* GOOGLE PIXEL C
* MOTOROLA MOTO X (Generations 1, 2)

Check Furby.com for more information on compatibility, availability, and instructions. Make sure your device supports this app before downloading. Other devices may be compatible but are not supported. Updates may affect compatibility.
Hi yes I was able to download other apps just the furby connect seemed to be a problem although it downloaded fine on my iPhone. I noticed the reviews on the app were pretty negative so maybe Hasbro will have to fix it up as there are a lot of kids getting the furby connect from Sabra this year..!

Upvote 0
After trying multiple solutions posted this was the solution that worked for me.

1. Unmount external SD card (you do not have to physically remove it)

2. Install your app from Play Store.

3. Re-mount your SD storage.

I tried safe mode boot, wiping system cache, reinstall play store, reverting play store, uninstall google services, all to no avail... I am posting this in hopes that it will help you all but also so that I can refer back to it when this occurs again.

Still unsure of the source of the issue, I do not have a rooted system and did not root it to fix the problem.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones