• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung tab 4 sudden death

Hi

Guys ive got the samsung tab 4 10.1 the tablet hasnt been dropped theres no water damage, however the other day my tablet screen was flickering then it suddenly turned completely off so i tried to restart it and it wouldnt start up, ive tried charging it with several original charging cables but theres no luck and theres no sign of charging as the charging light does not come on, ive tried holding the power button down 10secs or more, ive tried holding volume, volume down, even volume power and home button together but still nothing, i really am worried theres a serious problem i have no warrenty on tablet, ive had it for over a year. Has anyone ever encountered this before? and what was the solution? is the motherboard all of a sudden dead? what might have caused it? so upsetting.
Hope someone can please help.

Thanks in advance guys.

Jay

First off, a few obvious questions. Secondly, it would be more helpful if you describe what state your device was in when this occurred (cracked screen, hardware damage, rooted, etc).

1) Did the tablet feel like it was getting progressively hotter after it shutdown?
2) How often did you use it and what kind of temperature conditions was it used in?
3) Did it make any sort of sounds during or after the screen flickering?
4) Have you rooted it or modified the system software in any way, shape or form before this?
5) Is the screen cracked severely, moderately, or not cracked at all?

Just some tips I could come up with are listed below. I don't currently know what state your device was in when this happened, so I'm just assuming here.

First, I would definitely be aware of the environment i'm in when i'm using my device. Some devices can be very sensitive to too hot/too cold environments. Which if this was the case for you, either the battery or the motherboard could've failed.

Second, If you have/are going to root your device or modify the system software AT ALL, I would do research on what you want to do and how to do it properly, doing anything incorrectly can result in a dead device. Especially apps that require root access to work. If you think that an app is going to harm your device, then leave it alone. If the software comes from a recognized developer or trusted source, I would make a backup of my device, then try it out. Rooting and modifying anything in your phone, software or otherwise, always has the slight risk of bricking, or in your case, killing your device. Most notably, in my opinion, apps that overclock or control your CPU speeds, as overclocking the CPU too much for a very long period of time can result in hardware damage in the future, which is to my knowledge, irreparable.

Thirdly, If you are not the type of person who likes to root their device and modify it to your hearts-content, I would still be careful of what you install. Most importantly, if your screen was cracked when this happened, I would get get my screen repaired and get a really strong case for it. Personally, I use Otterbox cases for literally all my devices and not one of them have a scratch.

Hope this helps you out!
Cheers! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones