• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Talderon

Android Expert
Feb 21, 2010
Seattle, WA
I have ordered a few of these and will review.

Great things is, I have the Galaxy Note and she has the Galaxy Skyrocket and both have NFC.

Application: Samsung TecTile

NFC Tiles: Samsung TecTiles

What is Samsung TecTile?

Samsung TecTile is an app which lets you read and write TecTile NFC tags. You can create TecTiles to change settings on your phone, launch applications, check-in to places, update social status, or even make phone calls or send text messages automatically. Once you create a TecTile using the TecTile app, place the Tile in a convenient place, then tap your phone to the TecTile to perform the action stored in the TecTile.

You can get 5 tiles for $14.99, we ordered 15 of them.

Once I get them, I will write up a full review and situations what we use them in.

We're looking at, initially, the following:

2 Tags near the front door.
--1 as we enter to turn ON Wifi, enable all sounds (in case we had them off), turn off GPS and turn off Bluetooh
--1 as we leave the house to turn on Bluetooth, turn off Wifi

Another tag in the car to: Set phone to vibrate, launch chosen medial player and turn on GPS

I want a personal one at my desk at work to set phone to vibrate and another one near my bedside that I can use to make sure my alarms are on. :D

Needed? No. Other ways to do this? Yes! They why?

Well, why not? :p

Subscribed. I created a thread on a tech site I frequent on these today and I love the concept.

Let us know how they work, the rom used, etc.

NP. This won't work on GB for the note unless you are rooted and have turned on NFC.

I am currently on the latest leaked ICS ROM and am NOT ROOTED.

ICS for the Note has NFC Enabled so this will work great without any special tweaks.

I will keep everyone updated!!

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hey Talderon, what do you think of these things? I would love to know.

Is there not an app that will use regular NFC cards to do these same functions?

Hey, sorry for the long absence on this thread. I am in the middle of a job move and am also moving to a new house!! I have not had a chance to mess with these at all. :(

Once we get set up in the new house and I have my new office at work set up, I'll break these open and see what good things I can do with them!

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones