Samsung TecTiles For S3General

1. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Basically like a qr code but using NFC instead of the camera, to turn tectiles into business cards etc
  3. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Well-Known Member

And not available in the UK?
  4. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

5. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

1) in your car, place one on your holder. Auto turn on bluetooth, start navigation. Ect.

2) nightstand by bed. Automatically set phone to silence, turn on alarm. Ect.

3) work. Turn down volume, connect to work wifi, Ect.

Just examples off top of my head.
    jerofld likes this.
  6. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

I thought I've seen these tags for significantly cheaper elsewhere. Look around before paying Samsung's jacked up price. You don't need to use a specific brand of NFC tags.
  7. GasPasser

GasPasser Member

8. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

I'd stay away from the ultralights (not to be confused with the ultralight C). They only have 48 bytes of space which is not very useful. They are all rewritable and lockable, but there is a possibility that the classic will not be supported by future devices. I guess they don't meet the NFC standard.
  9. GasPasser

GasPasser Member

thank you.
  10. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Well-Known Member

I am about to go out and buy a 5pack of these TecTiles.

Do you basically need two TecTiles for every function you enable, just so you have another to disable?

For example, when going to bed, if I program the TecTile to turn off all sounds and vibration, don't I need another TecTile to swipe the next morning to turn it back on?

Can one TecTile perform multiple tasks? For instance: Turn off sound, Turn off WiFi, etc.?
  11. tcope

tcope Well-Known Member

You can program one as a switch. That is, it does a list of commends the first time and a second set of commends the next time you hold the phone next to it. These don't need to be the opposite of the first set. It simply does set A, then set B, than set A, than set B, etc.
  12. NJRonbo

tcope,

You have an idea of how to program it? AT&T gave me one sample TecTile. It just seems to be able to do one function and then you have to manually set the phone to return to normal functionality.
  13. ldivinag

ldivinag Well-Known Member

NJ,

I set mine up to TOGGLE the state of Bluetooth in the car.

You can set it up to specifically turn on or off also. I use a different app to do this not the OEM one from Samsung...

I use NFC TASK LAUNCHER from the play store...
  14. NJRonbo

ldivinag,

First, thank you for the recommendation for NFC TASK LAUNCHER. It is a more comprehensive program than the Samsung.

However....

I see no toggle switch anywhere in the settings that allows you to use the same NFC code to turn back on all the functions that were programmed to turn off.

Any advice? Thank You
  15. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Create a new tag and select "new switch". It does task 1 on the first scan and task 2 on the second scan.
    NJRonbo likes this.