Samsung touch screen compared to HTC's touch screen?

Last Updated:

1. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just a quick question about the Captivate. I just got myself an HTC Aria and I love how easy it is to use the touch screen on it. Its extremely responsive. Now my sister has the SamSung Instinct on Sprint and the touch screen is horrible compared to HTCs touch on the Aria. Im thinking about taking the HTC back to AT&T and getting the Samsung Captivate. I am just worried about the touch screen on it and if it will be like the Instincts? If the touch is as good as HTCs Ill get it. If its not, then Ill stick with the Aria because despite its size, its an extremely fun and responsive phone. Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Milksta

Milksta Member

I believe the reason why your sister's phone touch screen is less sensitive because it has a different type of touch screen that is a lot less responsive. Most of the new phones nowadays have capacitive touch screens which only need the slightest touch to respond. But to answer your question, the touch screen should be almost the same if not better due to a faster processor.

3. txtigah

txtigah Member

The touch screen on the Samsung Captivate is very responsive, smooth and fast. The touch buttons at the bottom of the screen take a little getting used to..they light up after touching them at which point you may have already touched the wrong one..just takes a little getting used to. Check it out..you will be impressed. The screen itself is very impressive with the rich deep blacks and vibrant colors.

4. kpenning

kpenning Well-Known Member

5. Darkeligos

Darkeligos Well-Known Member

Now if only we could get HTC Sense on one of these bad boys!

6. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

Stock Android would be better. I don't like tackiness on my phone.

7. Blackforge

Blackforge Well-Known Member

8. Darkeligos

Darkeligos Well-Known Member

You would choose this:
    [​IMG]

over this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

I'm a pretty big fan of Sense...but stock Android looks pretty slick too : )

Was considering going back to Apple, but this is what Android is about...the freedom of choice :)

10. thx10538

thx10538 Active Member

I like the customization of launcher pro. Plus it's in the market so you can put it on the captivate, no need for rooting. It has the htc sense style leap feature too

11. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

yes, launcherpro plus requires no rooting and will get you quite close to stock android look