Samsung Transform ultra All in one Root Mod Guide.

1. Ralkkai

Ralkkai Well-Known Member

yeah Mega has bobz kernel like it's predecessor did. it comes with 9 different governors and the 3 basic i/o schedulers. overclocking to 2.016Ghz and underclocking to 61Mhz. it's not quite as feature rich as some that newer beefier phones use but it'll get you by
  2. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Guides Guide

Well whatever xaelith...no thanks for correction forgot abouy that... work does suck abouy to get killed at work for next month or so
  3. xaelith

xaelith Well-Known Member

Sorry man, I didn't mean to call you out. Just wanted new and future forum members to have accurate info, is all.

The next month, eh? Are you in a sales or retail position?
  4. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Guides Guide

lol my bad my reply meant as joke bro was glad you corrected me i remember ppl asking bout it when mega first hit but thats a gigantic thread to search anyways i am a prep cook at restaurant located in a mall that which is the biggest and most popular in my area which also just expanded twice in size....i had to work a 15 hour overnight shift on thanksgiving to prepare for black friday
  5. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

i seem to have missed the fun D:
  6. uniqdevi1

uniqdevi1 Well-Known Member

does anyone know somewhere else where i can get the tu_root.zip file for the samsung transform ultra. the link works but after i click download it doesn't work. or can anyone send it to me?
  7. xaelith

If you still need the tu_root file, I added it to my Dropbox. You can download it by clicking the file name below:

tu_root_.zip
    uniqdevi1 likes this.
  8. uniqdevi1

Thank you so much, i really like this phone and i really wanna root it to install a rom. Do you have the same phone?
  9. xaelith

I have the same model, yeah. There are a couple differences because of the different carriers (mine's from Sprint, instead of Boost), but for the most part, it's the same phone.
  10. uniqdevi1

Oh ok, so do i follow the rooting instructions exact?
  11. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

Yes, if you run into any problems or you can't figure out what to do next, don't hesitate to post here before you attempt anything on your own. ;)
    uniqdevi1 likes this.
  12. uniqdevi1

Thank you, I did it. I've rooted a couple phones before. Mostly GSM phones. I installed the megatron rom. I'm a bit disappointed though.
  13. uniqdevi1

However, i do have one question. after rooting and before installing the megatron rom, i made a back up of the stock rom. Is there anyway I can restore all my apps & data on to this rom?
  14. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

you would need to restore your stock ROM with it being Rooted install an app called Titanium backup pro(its free). or any other application backup app.
    once the apps are backed up, restore the new Rom, be sure "just to be safe"
    boot into recovery and wipe dalvik cache and cache, it will ensure the old ROM aspects wont clash with the new ROM if you didn't care for app data you could restore them without data, but again that's just another way to ensure the old won't mess with the new
    and yes im rambling now ha ha another way to get your apps back is to ensure google will restore them once you sign into your Gmail on the device.
    it SHOULD begin installing all your old apps by default.
  15. unclewoodyslap

unclewoodyslap New Member

none of this guide works at all, stay away:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  16. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

now, why would you say such a mean thing D:

the guide DOES work, several other users have used it and the staff have looked over it

may i ask what caused you to say this? i can possibly correct the issue.
  17. uniqdevi1

Onced I signed in it didn't start downloading anymore. I actually had to downgrade. I had the HTC Sensation 4G from T-Mobile & one time I did a factory reset it & once I signed in it started downloading all my apps again. But I don't really know how to get it to do that. Any idea?
  18. uniqdevi1

19. uniqdevi1

Indeed! What caused you to say such a thing? You might of not followed the instructions correctly.
  20. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Guides Guide

Not be rude but this guide works great one of better guides ultra has....prolly missed an instructions somewhere just give old college try and attempt again...once again great guide
  21. alfredop13

alfredop13 New Member

in the installation guide from the google document you have this extra steps:

12. Select "choose zip from sdcard"

13. Locate (NewCWM.zip) from where you saved it on your SD card.

14. Select "yes"

Where can I download the newcwm? Is it needed?
  22. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

23. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Guides Guide

or i take too many breaks at work lol
  24. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist Member

odin stays at recovery.img download help???