1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Samsung Transform Ultra keeps shutting off then drains battery )=

1. Brian_562

Brian_562 Member

Hey guys, back with another issue with my father's phone. So this has just recently been happening. His phone will shut off out of no where only when he used the internet or uses an app like facebook or the camera. He can only browse the internet for a couple minutes and it shuts off. When he tries to turn it back on, it says to connect it back to the charger. But the battery was like at 80%. And this happens alot now like everyday, it will just drain his battery when it was fully charged. We already replaced the battery and have done a factory reset but it still does the samething. I am hoping you guys can help me out here. I know the phone is a bit old but i dont think the age of the phone is the case. Please guys any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Advertisement
  2. niteNarmor

niteNarmor Well-Known Member

I hate to say this but it still sounds like the battery and I will tell you why.

A month to a month and a half ago I was having the same issue. As long as I was not using ANY apps at all (including the phone) the phone was fine. As soon as I use one app, didn't matter which one, the phone (without warning) would shut off. Hmmmm. Boot the phone back up and presto, "please connect charger".

My battery had swelled and was no longer holding a charge. Received a new battery and have not had an issue since.

Sound similar?!?
  3. Brian_562

Brian_562 Member

Sounds exactly like my phone
    Although you think it could be the battery again?
    I had ordered one and replaced it
    Unless the battery was defective
    But also i did notice the old one did swell up also
    Ideas
  4. niteNarmor

The best guess is the battery again. I hate to say that knowing you just received a new unit. Batteries have bad cells sometimes. The same thing you discribed, is the exact same issue I was having. I took my phone to the Sprint store thinking I fried my CPU but they stated it was battery. Lo and behold the battery was under warranty, replaced for free.
  5. niteNarmor

One thing I did not see in your post. Did your dad do a full charge with the phone off, then let it discharge fully before charging again?
  6. Brian_562

Brian_562 Member

I believe so. But i ended up taking it to a shop and they told me it was the battery. Supposably the guy tole me that the battery i bought was not original. It seems pretty original but i guess not. He sold us one and so far everything has been going great. I probably wouldnt have bought the battery if i hadnt read your post
    Thank you very much!
  7. niteNarmor

Not a problem. Anytime!!!!
  8. elias98902

elias98902 New Member

I Have the same problem except every store I go to get a battery for this device they tell me right away"we ran out" "that phone isn't available anymore" "were sorry but we don't have those since noone has those phones" and I see the m everywhere. Wtf? I think its the new OS Update cuz I bought the phone Origanal woth android 2.3.4 and it all started when I updated to 2.3.6
    Its supper swollen. You won't belice it xD lol. But obviously I need to get a new battery ad get a rom asap before the stock messes up the battery.
  9. the_doofus

the_doofus Well-Known Member

i ordered a high capacity battery off ebay and it only took 4 days to arrive and cost just 10 bucks- i can link you if you want