• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung unlock, lost mobile internet functionality

Nabla

Lurker
Aug 14, 2011
Hi, I have a Samsung GTI5700 (Galaxy Spica), that was on virgin, and I recently unlocked it so I could use my orange contract sim in it. After unlocking though, I can no longer use certain features such as the mobile internet, and downloading content from multimedia messages. I can however still connect to wi-fi access points and make and receive phone calls and texts just fine. I have mobile internet browsing as part of my contract so it must be a problem with the phone, and must be caused by the unlock, since I could use it fine with the old pay as you go virgin sim.

Is anybody familiar with this problem or phone, or has any suggestions as to what could be wrong and how I can fix it?

Welcome to the forums. :)

It sounds as though you'll need to enter the APN Settings for Orange (if you call customer services, they should be able to provide the correct settings for your plan).

Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> Add APN.

It may not be exactly that as some phones differ slightly, but it should be there or there abouts.

I've also moved your query to the Spica forums.

Reactions: Nabla
Upvote 0
Thanks, I have done it now, and I can connect to orange internet, although for some reason, I still cannot dowload files sent in multimedia messages. Do you kinow what could be the cause of this problem? It keeps saying unable to download file, almost immediately after I click download, yet I can easily connect to the internet in the same place.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones