• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung update to ICS with Kies Software

Hi,
I live in Germany and own a samsung 7.7 P6800, which I ordered online from a seller in the UK. I love the tablet but Samsung Kies drives me insane! I've had problems with other samsung devices and Kies. I don't want to root it. I don't have enough knowledge for that, though I'm not entirely stupid when it comes to computers. However, I would like to update to ICS, which as far as I know can only be done via Kies USB. I connect my device and my windows 7 laptop recognises it, however, Kies doesn't. I've tried deinstalling and reinstalling Kies from a UK site. No joy. Samsung phone line and email support just increase my frustration and haven't brought me much further so far. I also have an old Samsung Galaxy S and Kies doesn't recognise that either. Can anyone help me. This is almost enough to make me consider purchasing the ipad/phone.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi there davidbarnes! This might be too late but I just wanna share my experience since that happens to my device as well. Our case might or might not be the same but I'll just try.

I have both iphone and tab 7.7 but I acquired the iphone first. I am not that knowledgeable about drivers but I noticed that If I sync my iphone to itunes (yes this case is if you have itunes installed in your PC..) my tab 7.7 won't connect to KIES the next time I will use it. I found out that if I uninstall "all" my tab 7.7 drivers and reinstall it (no need to uninstall/reinstall KIES) again then after that KIES can already read my device. This one works for me but if you don't have itunes installed then I don't know whats next :D maybe you can just try the drivers...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones