Samsung Vibrant 2.3

1. Jrodthecool

Jrodthecool New Member

When does the Vibrant get Gingerbread or is even gunna get gingerbread ?

Advertisement
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

I think the Vibrant got 2.2 maybe 4-5 months after the Droid X. So, if it's getting it at all, maybe sometime in the fall?
  3. Jrodthecool

Jrodthecool New Member

thanks
    i have Froyo on my Vibrant and a lot of post said Gingerbread was due for samsung sometime in June so i was just wondering
  4. DrPennington

DrPennington Well-Known Member

2 words- Custom roms
  5. mifac

mifac Member

damn, samsung please update the vibrant with gingerbread
  6. DrPennington

Update it your self with a custom rom. Just make sure to do your research first. If you really want it you can have it.
    Jrodthecool likes this.
  7. Jrodthecool

Jrodthecool New Member

yea but wat are the chances of ruining your phone by custom rom
  8. DrPennington

There are chances, idk an exact percentage. The chances are few if you know ur phone well, know ur way around computers & do research first. Check the -All things root- section in these forums for more info
  9. Smerca

Smerca New Member

This is my first time posting here. You can go to a t-mobile store and get the official upgrade to ginger bread 2.3. Or wait for the ota upgrade. I just spoke to a representative at t-mobile. Thankyou and help spread the word.
  10. Smerca

Smerca New Member

I'm sorry I was greatly mislead once again by a t-mobile rep. The in store update is for htc. Again I apologize.
  11. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

It's very unlikely that the vibrant will get gingerbread officially.
  12. Smerca

Smerca New Member

They are working on it for ota.
  13. DrPennington

^^ Where do you get your info from?
  14. Smerca

Smerca New Member

I called samsung and they said there is an update but it's up to t-mobile to send it out.
    So I called t-mobile technical and they said they are working on it but they are having problems.
  15. curiogeo

curiogeo Member

T-mobile has never sent out an OTA update for the Vibrant. Every update I have had for my Vibrant has been through KIES mini, which Samsung sent out. The phone gets updated by connecting it to your computer and it receives the update using the software KIES.