• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Vibrant 4G Question

Hello, I have the new Samsung vibrant 4G, and I have a data plan with tmobile. I'm currently in a building where my data plan gets no connection. I connected to wifi with no problem, and can get on the internet BUT I cannot access any of my apps (restaurant story, papaya farm, parallel kingdom). Why not? Does tmobile only allow apps to be used with the data plan and NOT with wifi? If so this defeats the purpose of wifi because I can't access my apps with it.

I'm not sure if you understand my question. My data connection is always turned on, ( yes there is an option to turn it off). I was in a building where no internet is picked up at all, not 4G 3G or Edge. So, I went ahead and turned the data connection off, so that I could pick up wifi. With wifi connected, I was able to get on the web, but not able to access any of my applications. MY question is, do applications require a data plan to use them? That is to say, why dont my apps work with just wifi?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones