• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Vibrant Boot loop after updating from rooted 2.1

Toastyy

Lurker
Dec 10, 2010
Hey guys, its late so i'll keep this brief and point formy:
brand new virgin samsung galaxy S vibrant that i bought less than 3 weeks ago, originally running 2.1. i used z4 root app from the market to root it successfully, everything was dandy.
I just updated the firmware thru kies (the legit way, or no reg edit) to 2.2 froyo, that went smoothly. I played around in the new firmware for a bit, and i tried to launch homedock+ and cardock+ (these came with the new firmware i think) but both needed to be force closed. Then the phone screen went black, i took out the battery and then turned it back on, now it loops at the first screen at boot (where it says GALAXY S GT-I9000M) = bootloop!
I cannot get it into recovery mode to do a factory reset, as no matter what combo of buttons i hold, it keeps booting into the loop, EXCEPT i can boot into the download mode with the yellow triangle. I've installed odin but i have no idea where to go from here. i would greatly appreciate any help!
Thanks,
Alex

Edit: im running windows 7
2nd edit: i followed this guide and at step 8 it screwed up, so now i get the black screen with the phone linked with the computer with a yellow triangle! in the middle :( when i turn the phone on
http://forum.androidcentral.com/fascinate-roms-hacks/38029-how-escape-force-close-loop-hell.html

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones