• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Samsung Vibrant Cases

That mesh one from ebay looks pretty slick, but I ended up going with Body Glove. My local store had them in stock, so I picked it up rather than waiting until the 6th from Body Glove's website. I've always loved the durability of Body Glove's cases.

Hey spiz, does that have any cushioning effect? It looks pretty cool. I'm interested in one that bounces though as my wife has butterfingers.

Upvote 0
I have the gel case from Tmobile. The peace of mind that comes from having some cushioning around the phone is hard to put a price on. The textured feel of this case will make the device easier to hang onto. They will be available cheaper eventually but I didn't want to wait a month or two with no protection.

As for screen protectors I believe they are both unnecessary with the Vibrant's glass screen and they definitely detract from the image quality so much they aren't worth the trouble or cost. Especially in light of this:
After seeing that video I immediately removed my screen protector and enjoy the device much more now.

I to got the t-mobile case and I LOVE it, cant beat the price I paid lol (free) I also got the t-mobile screen protectors and HATED them... they made the screen look blurry and definitely took away from that amazing screen. I gave it a college try though and kept the screen protector on for 3 days until I couldn't take it anymore.

and to the person saying a case isnt needed... I agree it isnt really needed indeed but I do like to set my phone down screen side down which a case helps and I like the grip factor... without it the phone feels to thin and wants to slip out of my hand... I have always hated cases (I went through 5 with my iPhones and hated them all) but on this phone it feel right with a silicone case.

Upvote 0
Hey spiz, does that have any cushioning effect? It looks pretty cool. I'm interested in one that bounces though as my wife has butterfingers.

Umm possibly a little. It's a really hard plastic, and the outer rubberish texture seems as its there not only for better grip, but also to absorb the impact. I don't really want to go drop it and find out on purpose. ;)

Upvote 0
Umm possibly a little. It's a really hard plastic, and the outer rubberish texture seems as its there not only for better grip, but also to absorb the impact. I don't really want to go drop it and find out on purpose. ;)

hmm... "hard plastic" probably wouldn't be advisable for me. I need some impact absorption with my wife's butterfingers... I do like the look though.

Upvote 0
hmm... "hard plastic" probably wouldn't be advisable for me. I need some impact absorption with my wife's butterfingers... I do like the look though.

Well my friend has had the same Body Glove case for his Droid since it's release day (November I think?). It looks like it's been ran over, eaten by a dog and spit up, attacked by a sword wielding ninja, and shot at. It has nicks everywhere, but the cool thing about it is that it has never broke.

In fact, I was just visiting him this past weekend. After a night of drinking, he came home and for whatever reason, threw his phone across the room. It knocked over the lamp and landed on a hard wood floor. Phone still in perfect condition. :D

They make a damn sturdy case which is why I bought it.

Upvote 0
I have read every post in this thread and have a question that has not been discussed. Does anyone know if one of these cases leaves a hole where a lanyard strap would go?
I really liked the look of the body glove case, but it looked like the hole was covered and I want to be able to wear my phone around my neck for easier accessibility.
I just switched from the G1 to the Vibrant and so far I am loving it.

Upvote 0
I have read every post in this thread and have a question that has not been discussed. Does anyone know if one of these cases leaves a hole where a lanyard strap would go?
I really liked the look of the body glove case, but it looked like the hole was covered and I want to be able to wear my phone around my neck for easier accessibility.
I just switched from the G1 to the Vibrant and so far I am loving it.

The Tmobile Gel Case has a hole for the lanyard.

Reactions: candylady2m
Upvote 0
robo21:

Hey you mentioned needing some kind of case that bounces a little... something about your wife's butterfingers. Anyways, I came across this at Amazon.

Amazon.com: Black Rubber Feel Snap-On Cover Hard Case Cell Phone…

I haven't tried this as I'm using a Body Glove, but it's really cheap if you wanted to check it out. No idea if it will work for her, but I thought of you when I came across this. :cool:

Upvote 0
Got my mesh case today. Ordered it off ebay on the 3rd so not too bad getting here from South Korea. I also got two mirrored screen protectors with it that i wasnt expecting or maybe i didnt notice it came with it. However, they are for the Samsung i9000 and it has the hole cut out for the middle button on that phone which we dont have.

Case snaps on nice and tight , isnt too hard and has a nice feel. Not real gummy at all and will slip in your pocket no problem with no drag or it sticking to your pocket. I do wish it covered the bottom a little better but thats ok. Il probably get at least one more case for it down the road when there are a lot more to choose from. Im kinda picky ;)

100_0874.jpg

100_0873.jpg

100_0872.jpg

100_0871.jpg

Reactions: sharshar
Upvote 0
I also got another battery off ebay and this was a steal. Another guy at XDA said he bought two of these and a wall charger for $13.00 and said they worked great so he found these and bought 4 more. These are $3.27 apiece. I couldnt pass it up so i got one too.
I just dont think my battery is up to par. Hope this one will be better. Here is the link to the auction. You can see if he has more if these are all gone.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...tem=220648588530&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IThttp://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BATTERY-SAMSUNG-i9000-GALAXY-S-1500MAH-/220648588530?pt=PDA_Accessories

Upvote 0
Has anyone bought this case for the vibrant, looks pretty legit. It says hard snap on cover, and it appears to have the openings for all sides of the phone. I might go ahead and order it, its like $8 with standard shipping. I just installed Gadget Guard on it, although I wish I could have had someone "professionally" do it for me. It wasn't too difficult though.

Amazon.com: Black Rubber Feel Snap-On Cover Hard Case Cell Phone…

Upvote 0
I also got another battery off ebay and this was a steal. Another guy at XDA said he bought two of these and a wall charger for $13.00 and said they worked great so he found these and bought 4 more. These are $3.27 apiece. I couldnt pass it up so i got one too.
I just dont think my battery is up to par. Hope this one will be better. Here is the link to the auction. You can see if he has more if these are all gone.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...tem=220648588530&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IThttp://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BATTERY-SAMSUNG-i9000-GALAXY-S-1500MAH-/220648588530?pt=PDA_Accessories

Hey vegastouch, can you update us on how well these work when you try them out?
And a link to the XDA person saying he bought them and they worked would be great help to me as well.

Upvote 0
i bought the Tmo gel case, so far its ok, but a little sticky for me. went to tmo and tried three of their other rubber cases. All three cases put my phone into the quasi recovery flashing vibrant you are pressing too many buttons at once loop screen. Make sure you try it on in the store if you like the colors. I have ordered some cheap silicone ones from amazon, will update when i get them
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YZ8UR8/ref=oss_product

Upvote 0
I found these two and might get one or the other. Just curious if anyone has one of these..

FOR SAMSUNG VIBRANT T959 COVER BLACK HARD CASE +SCREEN - eBay (item 380260021209 end time Aug-17-10 20:09:09 PDT)

I like the second one more. Kind of looks more snug and like the Tmo case?

I posted a link from amazon on this same case which cost me $8 after standard shipping. I just got it today and it fits perfectly, there's ample space for all the appropriate buttons and openings around the sides of the phone. It gives the phone a little more weight (not too much though) which is nice considering how light the phone is itself). I was a bit skeptical considering how cheap it was, but I have absolutely NOTHING negative to say as of right now, I may even order another one later just to have a back up.

only problem I have is I cant figure out how to take the thing off the phone...and this isn't a real issue now is it?

I can be somewhat picky, but I feel safe in saying that you won't be disappointed with this case. trust me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones