Samsung Vibrant vs Mytouch 3g

Last Updated:

1. dstone8484

dstone8484 Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking to upgrade my current phone (Behold). I am set on an Andrioid Smartphone but am having trouble choosing between 2. I am trying to choose between the Vibrant or the My Touch 3G Jack (no Keyboard). My upgrade price for the Vibrant is 350 and for the Mytouch it is about 170.

Is it worth paying almost double for the samsung vibrant?

This will be my first smartphone. Right now, I really don't even have the need to check e-mail on my phone and really don't have too many contacts. (Less than 100).

The primary reason of going to a Smartphone is I am interested in the Andrioid OS and all the Apps that I can use to customize the phone. Also, I would occasionally be using it to play music.

What phone would you recommend? I know the Vibrant is top of the line but am just not too sure if I need all the features. About how many apps could I fit on the Mytouch and how slow would it run with a few apps running?

Advertisement
  2. chickusmc05

chickusmc05 Active Member

Vibrant all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously don't get any other phone or you'll be sorry!

3. baillou2

baillou2 Well-Known Member

Vibrant would be the better of the two. I have one and the only complaint is that there is still no froyo update for it, and the casing is a little on the chincy side with the thin plasticky back and front and faux metallic band. It looks like an iPhone knock off and feels like a toy phone. I put a case on it and now it's not so bad.