Samsung Vibrant wont mount to PC

Last Updated:

1. FrankyG

FrankyG New Member This Topic's Starter

Holy crap ok so I googled everywhere and everyone says "I have a mac" "I have OSX" holy crap every single one is about mac, I dont care about mac I use Windows 7 not mac. It wont mount to my laptop, it doesnt even say its connected to a PC, it charges but it doesnt show that its connected via usb. It is rooted and it was working fine up until now. I have no clue what to do and I swear to god if I call samsung theyll just tell my to restore like every other manufacturer will. Somehow they think thats the solution to everything even to battery problems. I dont want to restore, I just want to mount my phone to my PC, I will throw my phone against a wall if samsung tells me to reboot just so I can get a new phone lol and yes I do have full insurance. Can anyone tell me what to do WITHOUT restoring? Yes I tried debugging both on and off, rebooting the phone, different USB, and nothing works. Any clues, solutions, tips, advice, anything that doesnt involve restoring?

Advertisement
  2. explosive

explosive Member

Have you tried installing the correct drivers?

FrankyG likes this.
  3. FrankyG

Please excuse me but can you say it in noobs terms? Ive always used iPhone and I used it for so many years and I because so fluent in it but I decided to switch and have no clue what most terms mean. BTW thanks for the quick reply.

Oh and like I said, I rooted it and was working great for a few months then I installed a few apps then now it wont mount. I heard Android was better than iPhones OS and so far it was true up until now, I'm thinking about going back to iPhone, I never had this problem nor any problems with my iPhone..

4. explosive

explosive Member

FrankyG likes this.
  5. FrankyG

HOLY SHIT, you guys rock, thank you so much that fixed the problem! Thanked both of you guys for it!

6. chulew

chulew Member

Both of my SD (int and ext) are no longer recognized in Windows and Ubuntu (multiple computers too). Vib doesn't show USB option in status after connecting either. This after installing Ryanza OCLF. I've disabled and uninstalled it but still does not see them. I can mount the external card in my blackberry via USB no prob so the lag fix must have broken something. I got my contents off the external but how do I back up the internal so I can just restore back to factory if necessary. Would rather not have to do that though. I know, I should have backed up everything first. I'mi a noob but learning. I didn't notice an improvement of speed except for Market although quadrant did show it. What's with that?

Oh, looking at the external SD in GPARTED, it looks the same after letting Virbant reformat it (7.49GB with 2.47MB unpartitioned).

Thanks in advance!