• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung wants access to my..........

Just picked up an S5 the other day.......my first Samsung.

I keep getting alerts that "Samsung wants access to" Linkedin and Facebook.
I click "No thanks" but the alert immediately reappears.
I don't want anything synced.

How to I tell Samsung to shut the hell up and stop asking me for access?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Brian

I figured out that I could turn the notifications off for the "Samsung" app. But maybe I would like to get some of the notifications? It would be nice to leave the notifications on and just stop it from asking to sync with facebook and linkedin.

I'm glad you got this sorted. I keep getting prompted to select a keyboard several times a day. I have already chosen the Swype keyboard, so I don't know why it keeps asking me to choose one.

Upvote 0
Just picked up an S5 the other day.......my first Samsung.

I keep getting alerts that "Samsung wants access to" Linkedin and Facebook.
I click "No thanks" but the alert immediately reappears.
I don't want anything synced.

How to I tell Samsung to shut the hell up and stop asking me for access?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Brian

I can't get mine to stop asking. how did you?

Upvote 0
I tell it not to sync & I've unchecked that check mark. but it still does it every time. is it because I log off the app every time I'm done?

Possibly, I never log out of anything. I just close the app and move on.

I also have the phone settings set to Close the app when I back out of it. none of my apps run in the background. Exception: bank apps, I log off of those w/o fail, then close the app.

I also have the internet turned off automatically when I lock the screen.

When the screen is unlocked, the internet is turned back on.

All w/o me having to do a thing.

Facebook app, when opened, just goes to the home page and I see all of the postings, I never get bugged with Notifications.

Upvote 0
I am still having trouble with this. Can you walk me through it
AZgl1500 said: ↑
You need to set the defaults.

if you get a window asking for "which app" to use, hit the app once, and then hit the 'always' button.

no more questions for that type of request.
I am still having trouble with this. Can you walk me through it
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The first time you need to make a choice, or UNTIL, you click ALWAYS,
when one app needs the help of another app, you will be presented with a new window showing as many apps as are compatible for that "needed function".

Assume: You read a SMS message and it has a weblink in it, you touch the weblink in the SMS message and a window pops up with 3 different web browsers. If you have a preference as to which browser should handle this function, then you touch that browser icon "once only" and then you touch the "Always" button.

Typically, this is a one time, choose and forget feature.
The next time you touch a weblink in a SMS message, the phone will automatically "Default to xyz browser" and go to the weblink.

hope that helps.

========================

Having said all of that, if you only have 1 browser installed, you will never see that pop up window, the phone will simply activate the only browser available and go to the weblink.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones