• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung watch on killing my battery

MrRudedog

Lurker
Dec 4, 2009
In the past few days my phone has been dying prematurely. It seems Samsung Watch On is the culprit. Its using half of the battery in a day. I first I turned off notifications, didn't help. I then cleared the cache and the data, didn't help. I was going to just remove the app, but of course I can't. I forced it to stop and turned off the app, but it is still killing my battery. I was going to attach screen shots but i don't see an easy way to attach them.

I don't want to root this phone. Anybody experience this or know of a fix?

I tried a few other tricks, but using the "wipe cache partition" from the boot menu seems to have done the trick. Perhaps it was simply the reboot that did the trick. I know I rebooted a few times.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Back to being an awesome phone again.

It seems I had a app doing the same thing not sure if that app was the culprit but I turned a bunch of them off in the Application Manager and then wiped the cache partition hopefully that will do the trick. The battery issue has just been in the last few days since I updated a couple off apps so we shall see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones