• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Wifi 4.0 / 5.0

ccsdc83

Lurker
Dec 14, 2011
Hello, new user here hoping this thread is in the correct section.

I purchase a 4G ipod touch earlier this year and unfortunately it has almost been destroyed after I dropped it cycling the other morning. I was going to just buy a new one until looking at new options from Samsung.

I have researched some of the features of each model and they both look great. Three things I really enjoy more than anything with the itouch though was books, comics, and gift cards.

Can you even buy a gift card to use on the Android Market? No credit or debit card here so the itunes card made it easy to buy the ipod in the first place. I hope to replicate this with the Market. I read about a "Mobiroo", but there site makes it sound as if only certain apps are able to be purchase with their cards.

Also I read probably one entire book each week from Ibooks and would like to continue doing so if possible. Are there free Amazon / B&N apps to download books on? I also download quite a few comic books from "Comixology" app...it would be helpful to keep buying issues of walking dead on that.

I am sure Twitter is on the Market, but its a necessity really so hopefully thats available as well.

Being used to the smaller screen on the ipod should I get the 4.0 or 5.0 model? Not sure if they are bulkier in any way.

Go easy on me not familiar with Android at all just curious to see if my basic app needs can be met before I commit to a purchase possibly.

Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones