Samsung will never again see me pay for one of their phonesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ultrakomm

ultrakomm Member

No text, just facts. It's evident they don't give a f*ck about their customers. A HTC or Maemo phone will likely replace my Galaxy when I give up on it.

Advertisement
  2. rosboy

rosboy Member

I've already given up on mine. Milestone (Droid) on the way. Hoping to have it next week.
  3. ressu

ressu Well-Known Member

Same here. This was my last samsung device for now.
  4. infoseeker

infoseeker Member

and these posts are supposed to achieve what? :rolleyes:
  5. tsphere

tsphere Well-Known Member

catharsis, I reckon...
  6. infoseeker

infoseeker Member

and now they are off to get a Droid.. :rolleyes:

according to a review of the droid, the battery ain't great either:

With moderate to heavy usage
  7. ressu

ressu Well-Known Member

It's just a way of venting the frustration with Samsung.

I know that it makes no difference to anyone, but at least it's comforting in a way to see that there are others that are just as fed up with all this than I am.
  8. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

I too am unspeakably disappointed with Samsung, and in the future will prefer and recommend anything else. :(

However, my Galaxy wil have cost me about
  9. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

All this anger just because samsung haven't said anything regarding future Android upgrades?

HTC hero hasn't got 2.0 yet either, who knows, Samsung may release 2.0 at the same time as they do...

Here's hoping anyway!
  10. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

I'm one of the luckier ones in that my contract expires in March, so Xperia X10 here I come!!!1!11!
  11. danimar

danimar Active Member

I wouldn't count on SonyEricsson updating the phone... Sony has a track record of propietary protocols, connectors and such, so maybe the change of Samsung for Sony wouldn't make a difference in the updates field
  12. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

Plus that custom UI is pretty heavy meaning a lot of work on android updates...I'm still optimistic about samsung releasing 2.0, its incredibly infuriating, but just because they're quiet doesnt mean they arent working...
  13. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

Good point actually. But if I picked an Android phone with lots of custom ROMs, updates, etc. I'll have to live with a chin that I absolutely hate...
  14. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

by next year there will be more androids about that are of decent background
  15. ressu

ressu Well-Known Member

I'd love to have 2.0 on the galaxy, but even more I'd love to see the long list of bugs addressed. In the end, I could easily live with 1.5 as long as it was relatively bug free.
  16. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

No, all this anger because Samsung has sold us a beta-quality product, and offers next to no support as they go play with their next new project.

Yes, that would be quite adequate -- in fact, that's what I thought I bought.
  17. Ferox

Ferox Well-Known Member

I think you'll find most if not all have other gripes with this phone other than what the future holds! My experience has been awful from the minute i opened the box and to be perfectly honest if Samsung can't deliver a handset on 1.5 i see no reason to think they'll be up to speed when 2.0 arrives. I am swaying towards HTC or dare i say it? Apple! After all you can be a bit more confident that these companies are working on solutions to any problems that arise they can't afford not to.
  18. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Have a look through some of the other big android phone forums, I think you'll find they all have outstanding bugs and issues with them. HTC included.
  19. hollowroom

hollowroom Member

For me, it's not the oustanding bugs that are the issue. I realise that most if not all Smartphones running Android have issues. It's a work in progress I guess.

It's not knowing whether Samsung are going to address them that irks. When I first got the Galaxy here in Germany (about two weeks after release) it was a big "uh oh" moment that NPS didn't recognise the device and Samsungs own support page had no category for the i7500 . I should have taken it back then. When you spend 450 odd euros on something, you expect a little bit of support at least.
  20. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

They'll need to really sort things out for me to go Samsung again. Any devices, not just phone.
  21. auswill

auswill Member

My favourite phone of all time was the D500....since that phone Ive had plenty of non-Samsung phones - what a mistake to go back to Samsung...
  22. Richdog

Richdog Well-Known Member

Listen, while I realise you may not be the sharpest tool in the box, this is a public forum designed for people to be able to post their opinions and vent their frustrations in a reasonable manner. If you don't like it then click the sodding back button and get on with your life. Your post was, ironically, beyond worthless.

Samsung have a history of NOT supporting their devices after release. All you need ot do is check out the many complaints and examples on the web, not the least of which is the Samsung i8910, a supposedly "top-end" device that people are going crazy over due to a complete lack of support and wall of silence from Samsung.

This is precisely the (valid) reason that I will never buy a Samsung. I want support for my phones, and compared to HTC etc they are badly lacking.
  23. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

you dont have to reply with venom
    hes also entitled to his opinion
  24. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

pot-Kettle-Black

BTW, I've owned 3 HTC devices. Each has had at least one major physical flaw that required multiple replacements e.g. the Mogul/6800 white burn in spot. HTC has never owned up to those flaws much less done anything to address them even though from all indications they were wide spread. So when you switch to that Hero and start whining about dust under the screen or get a Droid and bitch about the battery door falling off, remember that^ post! None of the major mfg can take the high road at this point when it comes to build or support, with the exception of Apple maybe?
  25. Richdog

Richdog Well-Known Member