• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung's Pop Up Video on Htc One X?

xkejjer

Lurker
May 5, 2012
Do you know if in the future the pop up video feature of the new S3 will be able to run on the HTC One X? Or at least something equivalent?

and another thing with a similiar line of thinking. The thing samsung did with their S3, namely that when you're reading a message and want to call the person, can it be done on another device like the One X?

I like both phones, but these 2 features are tipping me towards the samsung despite the One X being a more beautiful device

Nobody would know apart from HTC itself. Remember that those aren't Android features, but things Samsung made themselves and added onto the phone. The video popup is something I don't think you can do unless the launcher itself supports it along with the video player. The part in the SMS app can probably done on a third party app. All you need is additional permissions to access the proximity sensor.

And as for more beautiful, its in the eye of the beholder. I like the looks of the SIII over the One X.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones