Samsungs response to GPS issue

Last Updated:

1. Steemax

Steemax Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had sent Samsung an email concerning the GPS issues were having on the Captivate as a whole community and this is the response I was given -_-:
    Dear Steven,
    Thank you for your inquiry. We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. You may improve the experience by enabling the aGPS (Network Location) on the handset.
    To enable additional aGPS functionality on the device, follow the steps below:
    Go to Settings>Location and Security>Check

Advertisement
  2. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

Wow, how helpful :rolleyes:

They told me on twitter this morning that they didn't know know when/if they were going to release an update. Very disappointing.

3. shavald

shavald Member

I got essentially the same response. When I told them many people were having similar problems, I was told to go to AT & T since it appears to be a problem with the carrier.

4. Steemax

yeah, their responses sound like they really don't care, and they think its working just fine. :(

5. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

We still have about 20 days to return this. restocking fee can potentially be avoided if we can prove the phone is defective.

6. Steemax

True but Im tired of waiting for a high end android device for AT&T and im not quite ready to even contimplate returning :D

7. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

That's the rock and a hard place. I want to show AT&T I'm very much interested in a high end Android phone. I also want a phone that works and will get updated.

8. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Nice tip (and app). I downloaded it to my PC and used a BT transfer to the Captive. Got a nice little BT download notification!

I wonder how bad the battery impact will be running it at full tilt all the time? I would think there's a little idle time between operations where the CPU runs slower.

9. Steemax

yeah there is, I set mine to run at 800 to 1000 and so far the I haven't noticed a huge difference in battery life, im at the same % i usually am by this time of the day give or take 2 to 3 %... not bad :D

10. jmreed97

jmreed97 Well-Known Member

Great... so they still aren't acknowledging there is a problem with their phone.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

11. jmreed97

jmreed97 Well-Known Member

Pissed by their response in the OP, I decided to call Samsung again. I just got off the phone (second time I called today) and spoke to a "Level 3 Tech Support" (doesn't that sound important :) ) who specializes in Galaxy S phones. I was on hold for 30 minutes waiting for him. He offered me no trouble shooting and acknowledged this is a widespread problem.

He told me "the technicians were looking into it."
    I said, "so you can't tell me when or even if this will be fixed?"
    He said, "well I wouldn't say that. I'm sure it will be fixed."
    I said "so is this a software or hardware issue?"
    He said, "they believe it is software related and they are working to address the problem."

I asked to speak to his supervisor to see if I could get more info, but I was told they aren't available.