Samurai AOKP B40

1. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

If you haven't flashed this ROM yet, give it go....This thing flies!!! It's built with the linaro toolchain and I can definitely feel a difference over regular AOKP b40 (which I was running btw). If anyone gives this a go, I suggest you run it in conjunction with Trinity kernel. I've read of people running into some random reboots, etc. with the kernel that comes with the ROM.

You can find Samurai AOKP in the ROM's & Kernels sticky.

Advertisement
    :
    akazabam, Rxpert83 and Steven58 like this.
  2. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

I may have to try this out, I'm still waiting on my money from Sprint with google wallet though so I'm trying not to flash as many things. I'm having withdrawals :(
  3. frenchy714

You're missing out for sure! To be honest, I don't think you flashing ROM's will get in the way of you receiving your money, as long as you make sure to reset it prior to creating a nandroid/flashing.

What's holding your GW money up btw?
  4. An UrgeTo Dance

No earthly idea, my brother bought the phone the same day as I did and we both have no money. You bought yours after me and got it so I really don't know, its been about a month and a half.

Have you tried out paranoid android, if so how does it run compared to this?
  5. frenchy714

I'm sure you've already called Sprint about your money but I would keep pressing them about it until you get it.

I haven't tried Paranoid Android yet. Just like that's one of a kind, so is this ROM.
  6. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

Just downloaded this. How's this running? So many roms to choose from already and I'm still on awe with stock!
  7. frenchy714

You read the OP! You tell me! Keep us posted with your experiences with this ROM. ;)
  8. An UrgeTo Dance

Hey Frenchy you think I could dirty flash over AOKPCB?
  9. frenchy714

You could try but Samurai AOKP is compiled with the 4.7 linaro toolchain, AOKPCB is not. I believe there would be too many differences between the builds to not run into any issues.
  10. An UrgeTo Dance

Thats what I was figuring I think I'm going to try a fresh install of JB before sticking with ICS again.
  11. frenchy714

A clean install may solve your SMS issue...SMS is working great for me on the stock messaging app.
  12. AARONONE

Just flashed. Rom is pretty quick and I like all of the additional settings (first flash since stock). Using the stock kernel that comes with it because the trinity one was causing bootloops :(
  13. frenchy714

Glad you like it! Keep us posted with your experiences!
  14. An UrgeTo Dance

Which Trinity were you trying?
  15. frenchy714

I'd like to know as well :rolleyes:. I've had nothing but great experiences w/ Trinity.
  16. AARONONE

This one : TNP1536-512-STABLE65.zip
  17. An UrgeTo Dance

That one is not made for JB, its an ICS kernel. His JB builds are posted via twitter. Or you can get them through his app on the play store.
  18. frenchy714

If he was on SAMAOKP then he would need one of his ICS kernels. Maybe his Gnex doesn't like its GPU to be overclocked that high.

@AARONE

Try the 384-1344 stable version and see if she boots.

Also, you may want to try flashing Trinity right after a clean install (ie: ROM/Gaaps/Trinity kernel/Boot). In fact, try this first.

Let us know how it works out.
    AARONONE likes this.
  19. AARONONE

Already downloaded it. I plan to try later today. Let you know how it goes.
  20. frenchy714

Don't forget to flash Trinity with a clean install, ROM/Gaaps/Trinity/Boot.
    AARONONE likes this.
  21. AARONONE

Will do. Thanks.
  22. frenchy714

Def. keep us posted on how you like Trinity!
  23. An UrgeTo Dance

woops got confused what thread I was on lol.
    frenchy714 likes this.
  24. AARONONE

Ended up flashing the 1420 384 version. Booted right up and seems to be working good so far.
  25. AARONONE

I haven't made it to jb yet. Still trying out ICS roms for now.