1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

San Francisco / Android SD Card CapacitySupport

1. SimonC99

SimonC99 New Member

I

Advertisement
    :
  2. BubbaHotepUK

BubbaHotepUK Well-Known Member

You didn't buy the microSD card off Ebay by any chance?

I've a 32Gb card at home in my Galaxy Tab - I'll try it tonight in my SF.

EDIT: Just tried, it certainly reads it fine, tried a couple of music albums I've just added (at around the 28Gb full mark), though I added the tracks from the PC in the USB card reader, rather than via the phone USB, simply becuase it goes about 10 times faster.

Recalling my Unix days, the LOST.DIR is probably lost&found, usually indicative of bad disks or faulty sectors. You could try formatting the card on the SF, then trying to copy on the data again.
  3. SimonC99

SimonC99 New Member

How did you guess!!
    Yes, I suppose it could be just a dodgy card, but it appears to be genuine Kingston Memory, and it works fine in the PC with no bad sectors or other problems reported by Windows
  4. BubbaHotepUK

BubbaHotepUK Well-Known Member

Hmmm, peculiar. What Class is the card? Mine is a Class 4 & never had any problems with it. Even video playback is smooth from it.

Try copying files onto via the PC & a card reader - it maybe a more robust method than via the phone (& as I mentioned, about 10x faster!). You can get microSD to SD card adapters for 99p on Ebay, then use a standard SD card reader.
  5. funlovingbecky

funlovingbecky New Member

Hi i have brought my son the san francisco but i cant move anything from the phone to the sd card how can i do this please:mad:
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Is it giving any error messages? Are you doing it via the phone or your PC?
  7. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

Apps2SD is not in 2.1
    You can put a 2.2/2.3 ROM on, go for Swedish Spring

blade.Modaco.com

its all there :)
  8. funlovingbecky

funlovingbecky New Member

where do i go to get these
  9. Otherguyx

Otherguyx Well-Known Member

10. rayann

rayann New Member

I too have a san francisco and although I can put music onto the sd micro card, ( 4gb), the phone shows the play list as empty.
    I have found the music in the 'filer' app on the phone but want to know how to get it from there to the music app. I have formatted the card but cannot find anywhere on the phones settings, how to save the music.

Please help.