• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sanei N79, 3G 900Mhz disabled in ROM ?

Hallowiin

Lurker
Jul 24, 2013
I read that the Qualcomm chipset (MSM8625) this tablet has should support 3G 900Mhz, but clearly this is either not true of the Rom on this tablet does not enable it since I only get "G" displayed on the lower right when I'm bit further from the city where I get "3G" or "H" displayed.

Does anyone here know if 3G 900Mhz can be enabled on this tablet or is it just not there?

Have you put a mobile data enabled SIM in it? Sounds like it is getting mobile data and the tablet has a cellular radio, if you're seeing 3G, H or G. G presumably stands for GSM, which is the slowest, rather than 3G or H. If it's only showing G in some areas and 3G, H in other areas, that sounds like it's down to carrier coverage rather than the tablet itself. Who is your carrier and what country are you in?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones