• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sanyo Zio drivers?

If all you need to do is gain usb storage access to transfer files back and forth just connect your phone let it run through all the can not find this device messages then from your phone go to menu > notifications > usb connected > mount

This worked for me to be able to share files. I am going looking for the driver now for thethering though, will post back what I find :)

Upvote 0
I have a Zio for use with Cricket.. The drivers are not that hard to find.. you can get them from the cricket online help site, the ziobykyocera.com site, or a couple other places. The problem is that even after installing the 'drivers' and the 'futuredial' application (which is a bloated contact manager app) -- you're left with crap on the computer that you don't need & when you connect the phone, it always wants to look for drivers from the windows website. It cannot find the drivers, and results in a message something like "unable to find the file specified" then it will tell you your device might not work properly.. There is a simple solution to this (a few actually)..here is what I came up with:

1) drop the phone on a concrete slab, and stomp on it until it is unrecognizable..

or

2) cram it down the throat of your nearest cricket stores' representative when they ask if they can 'help you'...

or

3) hit cancel when it tries to find drivers, click cancel again when it asks about the next device it finds, and finally click cancel for the third device it finds.. next on your phone (__with it connected__) go to usb ( I use the top bar, to get there.. ) & click where it says "select to copy files to/from your computer" & finally click where it says "Turn on USB storage". Finally your zio memory card will show up as a drive, from my computer.

STUPID Windows!! STUPID STUPID STUPID... it needs NO drivers..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones