• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sasktel samsung galaxy s no roaming in US.

rjxox

Nov 18, 2010
Well we just went to Las vegas and i had no phone service. Nothing at all. I called Sasktel and asked WTF. They said that on 2.1 at least you had voice calls but with 2.2 upgrade there is no roaming at all in the US. Of course they blame it on Samsung. They are hoping for a fix in a couple months. What a crock of s#$%#t. They should have emailed or wrote a letter to all of their clients. im going to call tomorrow and raise hell

Well we just went to Las vegas and i had no phone service. Nothing at all. I called Sasktel and asked WTF. They said that on 2.1 at least you had voice calls but with 2.2 upgrade there is no roaming at all in the US. Of course they blame it on Samsung. They are hoping for a fix in a couple months. What a crock of s#$%#t. They should have emailed or wrote a letter to all of their clients. im going to call tomorrow and raise hell

How did that go?

Upvote 0
There is nothing they can do. Sasktel was friendly enough but still disapointing. We still have our old phones so on our recent trip to Arizona we simply had our service switched back to our old phones. This morning i called up and had serviced switched to our androids again. They say a fix should be out by June :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones