Satski...

Last Updated:

1. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know how many of you in this forum are avid snowboarder or skiers. I found this application called Satski. Its considered as the 1st real time interactive GPS ski map. So far they have over 300+ ski resorts/maps from around the world. A lot of the new maps will be updated as more ski resort open up through out the season. Most of the new maps for the US will be updated on 30 Nov. '09.

this program has everything from GPS, Emergency Features (if anyone of you or your buddies get hurt and you need ski patrol but don't know where you are or don't know where the closest ski patrol station is...no problem use the emergency feature where you can call ski patrol from your cell phone...it gives ski patrol your cell # as well as your coordinates (longitude/latitude) without leaving your buddy behind), access resort info., instant messages (for weather updates, ski runs/lifts: which are open and close), real time replays: allow you to download the data off of your phone onto your computer and breaks down what lifts, runs you took throughout the day, altimeter, your descent and ascend, your top speed...etc...

for more info click here for link -> Satski

this program is so bad ass that I can't wait to test it out this weekend at BRIAN HEAD, Utah (which is 1 of the resorts already loaded onto satski). I am running this program on my Motorola Droid...so far no lagging no loading problems especially when changing ski maps/resorts...but will update you guys further after this weekend along with some of my data logs...:D its $15.50 for the gold package...you have to pay that annually...for unlimited use with unlimited resorts for an entire year...but more then worth it in my eyes...:eek:

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this with the AF community! :)

3. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

no problem bro...

i've actually been in contact with the program designer. his name is Jean-Claude...like the actor but its not him...haha

he's pretty cool and I have watched demo videos on the program to show how the application utilizes your phones GPS and data logging...its so cool cause you can see what lifts you road that day...what runs you road as well...how fast you were going...its so many little features that make the program so bad ass...

but like i mentioned before I will be testing this application this weekend at Brian Head, Utah. which is 1 of the smaller mountains...but this mountain will give me real feedback to how well this program works...

here are a couple of demos...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I really Like the way it incorporates with Google earth & shows you your path so clearly and everything :D

5. Rhino1

Rhino1 New Member

Hi,

I wait to hear your verdict of this after trialing it last weekend... I've just downloaded the free version.

Thanks,

Rhino1

6. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

doubt your phone will last you all day using the gps that much. better get a second battery lol

7. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I've had some pretty crappy cell service on the slopes at some resorts...I assume this needs both GPS and cell service to work. Seems like that could be a problem.