• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Save $30 on Incredible VerizonWireless.com

I got it! Four days after giving up (see post #141), a guy from the VZW store where I bought my Droid Incredible called back and asked me to explain the situation, then I forwarded him the screenshot I had taken of the popup window. I didn't hear back from him that day, but today he called and said he applied the credit to my account! It's win win situation, since that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and now I again have no complaints against Verizon. I love this forum!

Upvote 0
I picked up my Incredible on 5/1 using this code at Bestbuy. Went into the store knowing what i wanted and that i was going to ask them to match the code, so i went into the mobile dept and made small talk with the dept manager. When the time was right i told him that i was online the previous night and not only am i eligible for an upgrade but they had offered me $30 off any droid phone via a pop up. Pulled out the printout that had verizon's URL and he agreed to match it. Only down side was they were not matching Verizon's 2GB MicroSD card, but since i had a BB Storm i just moved cards. Not going to say i like Bestbuy for everything, but in this case they really easy to work with. Can't say i really felt welcomed in the Corporate Verizon store..

Upvote 0
For anyone that missed this... I just called Verizon and they said they would apply the $30 credit to my bill (no argument or repeat calls necessary) I had pre-ordered the phone and forgot to follow up on this until today. In case it helps, I had an existing Verizon account and did a 2-year agreement along with using my NE2 $100 credit.
The offer ends 5/24 so follow up if you haven't already.

Reactions: Xiamen
Upvote 0
For anyone that missed this... I just called Verizon and they said they would apply the $30 credit to my bill (no argument or repeat calls necessary) I had pre-ordered the phone and forgot to follow up on this until today. In case it helps, I had an existing Verizon account and did a 2-year agreement along with using my NE2 $100 credit.
The offer ends 5/24 so follow up if you haven't already.

Verizon customer service told me they wouldn't honor the promotion after the purchase. Maybe it was just the CSR I spoke to, but you can be sure I will call back and talk to another one.

Upvote 0
Verizon customer service told me they wouldn't honor the promotion after the purchase. Maybe it was just the CSR I spoke to, but you can be sure I will call back and talk to another one.

I told them I entered the code at time of purchase and it was not accepted. I just tried on the website now and it was coming up as valid. All of this is true. My phone has not shipped yet so I do not see the problem. I was told my account will be credited. Didn't even have to argue or anything.

Upvote 0
:thinking:Alright.. so...

During the second call they told me that my phone had not been sent yet and i explained just as you said. ( i told them that when i first ordered the phone kept going back out to browse other phones and thats when the code appeared. When i attempted to place the code on the order on 5/17 it told me the code was invalid.) I Even told her the code was SMART30 and the expiration date it was showing online.

she stated they would be able to credit it, but i would need to wait until my phone arrived..

idk.. unless they have someway of telling that i went back and forth this seems like an empty promise.

Upvote 0
I ordered the phone on verizonwireless.com on 5/20. Through reading this kick-ass forum, I discovered I'd missed out on the $30 "SMART30" promo.

I called Verizon Customer Service back the next day and asked to speak w/ the Internet Orders dept.

After waiting on hold a few times, my VZW CSR stated she had a guy from Internet Orders on the phone and that my account would be credited the $30 when I activated the phone. I didn't even end up needing to speak to the Internet Orders guy. I was also told this would be automatic and that I didn't need to call back (though I will be following up to make sure I really get the credit).

All that being said, the VZW CSR told me the offer expired 5/24 (but could be applied to ALL orders that took place on or before 5/24). I am not a new customer to Verizon and I was not upgrading my main line (upgraded an add-on line). So that dispels a couple of those rumors in my book.

So, for all of you who placed your order online on or prior to 5/24, I say call Verizon and make sure you get your $30. Maybe they'd even be willing to extend this rebate to you post-May 24 orderers due to the high demand and delay in delivery of this phone.

Just my experience and 2 pennies to boot.

Upvote 0
This may sound like a dumb question, but is the $30 promo for per account or per phone? I just got off the phone with the CSR and she told me that it was per account. Could anyone verify? Thanks.

It was originally per phone, I got a family plan with two devices and got $60 off, hopefully someone who has ordered more recently and called in for the discount can also chime in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones