Save Go Launcher's settings?General

1. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member

Hey there

Yesterday I installed Go Launcher and a couple more Go applications, widgets, and tweaks. I also created folders and put applications inside them and everything.

The problem is that my phone significantly slowed down ever since I did so and I feel like the battery is getting drained rather quickly also, so I decided I want to remove all the Go applications and go back to the default HTC Sense launcher because it felt snappier and quicker.

I'd like to save all the settings I've done, though, at least just the Go Launcher settings (folders and icon locations on the home screen pages), if that's possible, in case I want to reinstall it at any time. I worked so hard on it and put a lot of time and effort so I don't want it all to go to waste. I have an application called Home Switcher which allows me to switch between Launchers but then again I feel like it won't actually do anything as Go is still installed.

Is there anyway around that?

And by the way, is there an application that lets you create folders and add applications inside them (not on the home screen itself - the one that appears when you unlock the phone - but rather on the pages that appear when you tap the Menu button), if you know what I mean.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I would suggest to try a different launcher, Go Launcher has stopped pushing out updates and will more than likely just cause your phone to slow down...

I would suggest one of the ofllowing launchers:

Nova Launcher

Apex Launcher

Hope this helps :)

EDIT: Back in the day there was a Go Launcher app, apparently it isn't there anymore lol, anyhow let me see about supporting your issue...I am assuming you are using Go Launcher EX.

Hopefully since the installation you have restarted your device, to see the proper effects of a new launcher you need to restart your phone so the old launcher isn't running in the background.

Lastly, i know Nova Launcher supports foldering apps like you explained, it adds them to new tabs in your App Tray, rather than a folder though, i thought it was rather useful :)
    TarekElsakka likes this.
  3. TarekElsakka

I switched back to the default launcher and rebooted the phone. It felt quicker. Then I switched to Go Launcher again and used the default theme rather than the Concept JellyBean one which wasn't that good any way, and the device actually feels much quicker than before. Perhaps that's because of the reboot, though.

I am going to try both Apex and Nova and see if I like them. I prefer folders over tabs, though, since I am so used to iOS.

Thanks, mate, I appreciate it.
  4. TarekElsakka

Another problem I am facing is this:

[​IMG]

Before I installed ICS, if I press "Install" in the Google Play Store on my computer it would automatically download it on my device, but now it doesn't anymore even though I am using the same GMAIL account on my device. I have two GMAIL accounts, though, is there a possibility that the one I am logged in on my computer is not the one I am logged in on the device?