Save gps location?Support

Last Updated:

1. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This week I followed my brother to his new house while helping him move. When we got there I could not find a way to save my location to google maps. How would I do this without having to manually add his address. My garmins would let me just click on my arrow and save the location.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Jim Chapman

Jim Chapman Well-Known Member

You can save an address as a contact. The method I found is a bit roundabout, but I haven't found any way that is more direct. I press hold the blue "my location" icon on the map. That will open a screen that has "Send location to other" as an option. I use that to send a message to my own Gmail account. When I open the received message in the Gmail app, touch the location address text, which takes me back into the Google Map app. Now, I hold press the icon that marks that location, and this time the option "Add as a contact" is offered.

3. thenoseknows

thenoseknows Well-Known Member

Another thing you can do is use the Footprints app that came on the phone, and add the location as a new footprint. You can add some details into the footprint, and navigate to and from it. It works like a charm.

4. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

Footprints is good. I've used that. GPS Status and Maverick are a really good programs that has a share feature and I've emailed my coordinates to myself using that.

5. Itlooksfast

Itlooksfast Well-Known Member

Theres an app on the Market called CommutePro...it allows you to add current location.