Save or archive a text message?Support

Last Updated:

1. black743

black743 Active Member

Is there any way to save a text message thread? I have an ongoing thread with around 64 messages back and forth. Seems like you should be able to send it as an email or something but I don't see it anywhere. Surely there's a way.

2. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

As far as I know not really...I'd like to know this too though. I haven't got my Droid yet, but in the past I've forwarded a text to my Gmail...but that's only 1 get the whole chain would be cool
  3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

There are several apps on the Market that do this. Unfortunately, I do not use any of them so I can't recommend any. :eek: I would think someone will come along and give you a recommendation soon. Otherwise, you may just have to go to the Market and download/test some apps for yourself. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
  4. passionsista

passionsista New Member

I use wavesecure to backup my sms and calls...maybe that is what you are looking for?
  5. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

This will not help with current, but I use Google Voice for sms which has an archive feature... the texts are also free! :D
  6. PetiePal

Google Voice isn't at the point where I want yet. I'd rather not use their voicemail service just yet...and I like Caller ID lol :)
  7. IamReady

I understand... I like it though... and I do get the caller's ID. :)
  8. PetiePal

All outbound calls though get shown as Google Voice to those you call is that how it works?
  9. IamReady

You can set it that way. I have chosen to not use Google Voice for outbound calls... just for inbound voice mail and text (sms) messages, so the people I call see my actual cell number. You can still give them your GV number and have them call you on it as well and it will ring whatever phone you have set-up. It is really cool!
  10. joe d

joe d New Member

I found a solution. Check out They have an app for android that can save messages in threads and then send it to your email address in email format. neat.
  11. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

Backup To GMail can archive all of your text messages to your gmail account. It automatically labels them "SMS" or "MMS", marks them as read, and archives them so your inbox won't get cluttered. Have been using it 6 months or so with no issues.
  12. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

Try 'SMS to Text' in the market.
    It will save an entire thread to a .txt file on your SD card which can easily be imported into excel.
    moonstruck2009 likes this.
  13. moonstruck2009

moonstruck2009 New Member

I have a Sony Ericsson, Xperia x10. I just downloaded a app called sms to text. It was awesome it took my whole thread of like 3,000 text between my boyfriend and I and transfered into text saved it on my sd card then I just transfered it to computer was really easy I been looking for awhile I knew there had to be something out there that would do it.
  14. marronade

marronade New Member

When using these back ups such as "sms to text" or "sms back up and restore" do the original messages also stay in the location they are in or are they deleted? I would like to find a way to save my text to the sdcard so they can be printed from my computer but I would also like them to stay on my phone in the messaging form they are currently in.
  15. apeman63

apeman63 New Member

I purchased and installed the "Backup to Gmail" app on my DROID X today, and it keeps giving me error messages when I try to back up the texts threads I want to save/archive.

How do I fix this?