Save pix directly to SD CardTips

Last Updated:

1. yellowsub821

yellowsub821 Member

Is there a setting that I'm not seeing to default pictures to the sd card? Or a simple way to mass move all pics to the sd card?

2. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

All pics and vids do get saved to the SD card by default.
    If you go to Files/Phone files/dcim/Camera and long press on any file, and then choose "info", you will see the folder is listed as /mnt/sdcard/dcim/Camera.
    Xvarria likes this.
  3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Saving to the sd is actually the only way your phone can save pictures. Internal memory is for apps only.
  4. sleepsafe

sleepsafe Well-Known Member

Can I load a pic from a website to my phone? If so how?
  5. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

One way it can be done is right click on the pic then save to a folder of your choice then make the transfer to your phone once connected to your computer.
  6. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

another way is to long press on the imagine from within the browser on your phone and saving it that way. It saves it to /download
  7. seritiku

seritiku New Member

I am having a terrible time with this problem as well. I cannot find an option on either camera or sd or storage options to set my photos to be saved to sd card. At the moment I only have 43mb left of phone storage and need to get the photos to save to the sd card if possible.

Any help on this would be appreciated guys.

Phone HTC Desire a8181

"Connected my phone to laptop set the phone to disk on the usb options and now all is well."
  8. shelland

shelland Well-Known Member

Or use the 'Chrome to phone' extension in Google Chrome (not sure if Firefox has it?) and just send it to your phone direct.