Save SMSGeneral

Last Updated:

1. fhsfish

fhsfish Active Member This Topic's Starter

is there an easy way to archive sms messages to an email account or a file that would be transferrable? i'm on a stock eris and i use handcent.

Advertisement
  2. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

It saves to Gmail, I used to use it before I upgraded to 2.1, and haven't felt like installing it back. But it was worth it, I just keep putting off re-installing it, I shall do it now then :)
    But all in all, it's worth it. Especially when you're still in high school and people switch words around. Go to your email, look for the convo, bam, gets people to stfu haha.

EDIT: I thought you were asking about the app called SMS Backup, and not asking if there was a WAY to haha whoops. But download the app SMS Backup and it backs all the texts you send and receive to your email account.

fhsfish likes this.
  3. dewalist

dewalist Well-Known Member

Something similar is called xArchive. It automatically backs up any SMS, MMS, Photos, and videos into Gmail. It is one of those apps you install in the background and forget it. Every so often when my SMS counts get high, I check Gmail just to make sure they are all accounted for, then delete them from my phone.

I am shocked Google doesn't offer this option natively. They already archive your IM's through Google Talk - it seems like a natural extension...