Saved Audio Files

Last Updated:

1. StephR210

StephR210 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi ya'll!

I'm new to the Droid world, formerly a blackberry queen, and my oh my do I have a lot to learn! ! !

My question is simple, I had some audio files sent to me, and I saved them, but now I can't find them anywhere!!!

Also, is there a way to set my ringtone (for incoming calls and texts) as one of my saved audio files that was sent to me?

Thanks so much! :cool:

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

In your app menu us a file/app called My Files. Voice recordings using the Voice Recorder will end up here in your Sounds folder. From there yes you can set as ringtone using the menu soft key

3. StephR210

StephR210 Member This Topic's Starter

there is no sounds folder, the only folders are kindle, download, bluetooth, media, dcim, my music, android, lost.dir. ??

4. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

Did you check the "Download" folder? Also to set ringtones, you would need to put them into a folder on the SDcard named "ringtones", and "notifications". You would need to hook it up to your computer to do so.

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

That's not precisely true. Yes things do need to be on the SDCard but they dont have to be in the download folder nor do you need a folder named ringtones nor notifications. I copied and pasted a whole bunch of stuff from my previous device right onto the sdcard itself. They had their own folder names. The SF is actually pretty decent at finding all these songs and frankly I can go right into the music player and set ringtones from there.