• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Saved Data Info

mcchriswood

Mar 3, 2010
Guys is there a way i can look at all the saved data information on my sd card??
For instance id like too know information about how much space each mp3 is taking up and generally what else i have saved on there??

I also have backed up my theme i am using with launcherpro and it says this gets saved to the sd card.
I have done this about 10 times as i save it everytime i tweak it but i no longer need the previous saved ones so how can i delete them?
Or does it just overwrite it each time?
Thanks

astro looks so complicated though :|

EDIT: have downloaded astro now and really have no idea what i am looking at.
ive found my sd card contents but nothing really seems too mean much to me.
For instance i cant find my launcher pro backed up theme.
However there is alot of launcher pro stuff showing what i have pressed used etc.
Also i have found my mp3s and how much space they are using but again its all a little blurred too me.
Is there anything i should be doing to my phone on a regular basis like running a scan too keep it clean or clearing caches or cookies or anything??
I have bits showing up on astro from soundhound thats taking up a mb of space.
I haven';t had soundhound on my phone for months :S Can this be deleted??
Im really lost as you can tell

Upvote 0
That's what I thought but it's actually really simple. You scroll through the top level folders, then open the folder to see sub folders, just like Explorer. When you get to a file it shows you some properties. At the top of the screen is the 'Up' button which takes you back to the previous level. I've used it a couple of times and it makes sense the more you use it, it just takes a little thought to picture where you are in the folder tree.

Upvote 0
great thanks.
What am i clearing when i clear all caches and how do i do it??

In Astro, Menu > More > Preferences > Cache

You can clear Thumbnail cache (image thumbnails, not the original image, and the thunbs get recreated next time you look at an picture album) and Other Internal Caches, which are things like browser temporary files, weather forecasts, etc. Again, if the app needs any cache data it will create it or download it again next time you use the app.

To see which apps actually keep cache data on your phone, from a Homescreen do..

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > [let the list populate] > Menu > Sort by size

Go to the top of the list (largets file size) and select an app. There's a box that lets you clear the cache. If the app doesn't store data, then it will be greyed out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones