Saving a sent image?

Last Updated:

1. Mavis Cruet

Mavis Cruet Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 29, 2010
    I'm new to the Desire, and despite reading through the full pdf manual, I can't work out how to save a picture I've been sent (in an MMS) to my photos, so I can use it for a caller ID.
    Also, I can't find an option to send a Multimedia message. When I open messages, to write one, it goes straight to a plain text one .... :(

Any suggestions gratefully received .. Thanks.

2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

May 25, 2010
    Your SMS will become an MMS when you attach an image etc automatically.

When you tap on "slide show" in an MMS, then tap the image, 3 icons come up at the bottom. If you tap the one on the right, a save window opens. Tick the image you want to save and tap "done".
    Mavis Cruet likes this.
  3. iynCognito

iynCognito Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    As danfrance says. You can save it that way. Or if you press and hold on the message in your message list, you will be given a popup list, or which Save Picture is an option.

You can send an MMS in a couple of ways. Either touch New Message, you will start as a normal SMS, then press menu and you can attach a picture etc and it will be converted into an MMS.

Alternatively, goto Photos and choose a photo. THen touch the Share icon and select share by Message (or bluetooth, facebook, gmail etc)
    Mavis Cruet likes this.