• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Saving and attaching documents?

slugbug

Jul 26, 2010
Longhorn Land
I apologize in advance if this has been discusses.

I am a loooong time BB user. Got the Evo a few months ago. The only thing I'd like to do that I have not yet figure out HOW to do is attachment documents to emails. This is very important to me because I am job hunting and need to respond right away when I get or see a job opening.

I use GMail. I have my resume saved as a GMail doc.

I don't know what to use - can I send via GMail docs or do I need to creak a Quick account?

Seems simple but I've not figured it out.

Thank you

Thanks so much. I do have Astro. I just created a folder in there for job search documents and it worked just fine. I moved and "found" the files I needed.

I was trying to attach but couldn't find them and thought by saving them as GMail docs they would be more accessible. Not so much :)

Now I will learn how to copy and paste using QuickOffice. Serious learning curve using the business part of this phone after moving from a BB. The fun part of the phone has been allllllll fun.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
I am having trouble downloading attachments. Sometimes it will give me the option to download or preview, sometimes only preview (Blackmoon AttachSave insalled). Either way, when I try it says "fetching attachment", but never goes beyond this. I have let it sit while connected via 4G & never see any results. I have tested w/a 4b txt file so file size is not the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones