Saving contact info with Handcent?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chromadroid, Nov 21, 2010.

1. chromadroid

chromadroid Member

Oct 10, 2010
    So I have a D2 and I'm using Handcent as my default text messaging program. I'm running stock other than that and Launcher Pro homescreen.

Let me describe the problems.

Problem 1:
    If somebody NOT in my address book sends me a text message, their number shows. I would like to then add that person into my address book with their name. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this easily.

Problem 2:
    I ask a friend for another friend's number. I get a text message containing the phone number. How do I save that number into my contacts easily? Ultimately, I would like to send this new number a text message, but I can only figure out how to call the person. Of course, if I call them, I can save the contact via the phone portion of the device.

I'd ask on the handcent forum, but I don't feel like signing up there.

Thoughts?

Am I missing something obvious?

Advertisement
  2. chromadroid

chromadroid Member

Oct 10, 2010
    I figured it out... took me a few days and not until I posted here that I finally got it. :eek:

From the Conversations screen (I guess it would be the main handcent screen), you long-press the conversation with the new/unknown number until the options menu pops.

For saving a new number sent to you by somebody else via a text message, you simply long press that until the options pop up.

3. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy
    VIP Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Lifeguard
    Illinois
    Normally you can just tap the place where there picture would be displayed or the number at the top. I haven't much experience with handcent so I'm not too sure.