• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Saving contact info with Handcent?

chromadroid

Lurker
Oct 10, 2010
So I have a D2 and I'm using Handcent as my default text messaging program. I'm running stock other than that and Launcher Pro homescreen.

Let me describe the problems.

Problem 1:
If somebody NOT in my address book sends me a text message, their number shows. I would like to then add that person into my address book with their name. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this easily.

Problem 2:
I ask a friend for another friend's number. I get a text message containing the phone number. How do I save that number into my contacts easily? Ultimately, I would like to send this new number a text message, but I can only figure out how to call the person. Of course, if I call them, I can save the contact via the phone portion of the device.

I'd ask on the handcent forum, but I don't feel like signing up there.

Thoughts?

Am I missing something obvious?

I figured it out... took me a few days and not until I posted here that I finally got it. :eek:

From the Conversations screen (I guess it would be the main handcent screen), you long-press the conversation with the new/unknown number until the options menu pops.

For saving a new number sent to you by somebody else via a text message, you simply long press that until the options pop up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones