saving mms pics

Last Updated:

1. dizzy

dizzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

According to the User Guide included with my Hero, I'm supposed to be able to save pictures that someone sends me (via MMS) ... the guide says to "long press on the picture and then hit save on the menu that pops up." Tried that but no menu popped up and pressing the menu button didn't bring up a choice to save either.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Would like to know if this feature works properly on your Hero. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

I just tried this on mine and long press works in Handcent. In the stock messages app, I had to long press the message body outside the picture, and that brings up the option to save picture. Hope that's clear and works for you.

3. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

If that doesn't work for you then you can use an app called "Save MMS" from the market. It will show you all the pictures and you choose which ones you want to save.

4. dizzy

dizzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, will give those suggestions a try.

5. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

using Handcent you can also hit menu-more-save MMS and it will bring up every picture in that thread for you to save... you can also long press pics through the browser to save them

And just a little tip- if you download a lot of pictures to your downloads folder you may stop seeing them appear in albums because they get automatically named and after a while they start duplicating. But if you get Astro you can go to the downloads folder and rename the pics and this solves the problem

Xandria likes this.
  6. Xandria

Xandria Well-Known Member

When I do this save MMS using Handcent, I get this message: "No found"

Ummm, what? LOL

7. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

If you're having the problem of getting the useless download button then this won't work