saving numbers to contacts (on the fly) moto droid

Last Updated:

1. dtox926

dtox926 New Member This Topic's Starter

:mad:

Every time I type in a number and then go to 'Add To Contacts' my phone NEVER saves the number. if that person calls me the correct info will show up but for me to call them is impossible... because they are not on my list. I have searched everywhere for a fix for this. All the correct display option are checked (for gmail i have EVERYTHING checked now)

This drives me absolutely insane. Ive added the same contact several times... and when i hit 'done' they don't show up. PLEASE HELP

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Well-Known Member

Just trying going to the contact page and adding new contact? Might work instead of typing it on dialpad. Try saving it over that persons Facebook name. It might work then.

3. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

i dont have this problem but i do have the problem where the phone merges two different peoples numbers under one contact

4. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

Are you stock, or running a custom ROM? Have any apps installed that mess with contact storage? Could be a conflict there. Personally I have added quite a few numbers just from entering the number in dialpad and saving, without issue. I haven't ran stock in a long time though.

Enter the number, hit menu, select add to contacts. Then select "add a contact" at the top of the list. You can then enter the information, save it, and it should pop right up in your list.

5. dtox926

No custom ROMs or anything like that. I've tried saving through contact list rather than dialpad....no go. 1 of the 10 numbers I have saved lately is finally showing up on the list. Luckily she was in my recent calls. After viewing the contact and saving 20 times... it finally shows. But that doesn't help with the other 10 numbers I've saved and are no where. Im really starting to hate this phone

6. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/support-tr...cing-google-all-contacts-not-my-contacts.html

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/41495-adding-contacts-directly-droid.html

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/41093-new-contacts-not-showing-up-search-results.html

This is BY FAR my biggest complaint - well, really my only "complaint" - about this phone. It's been pissing me off since day 1. And then I forgot about it...Then I read this thread...And now I'm pissed off again!

I've just gotten in the habit of adding new names and numbers to my notepad app when I'm out and about and then when I'm at a computer later, I add all of those names/numbers to "my contacts" in gmail. (I've found that adding new names/numbers through gmails website is the only way to get them to show up the way that they're supposed to.)

7. dtox926

wait wait wait.... so really there is NO way of adding a contact when ever you want? you have got to be kidding me. I don't want to sign on to google or re-sync something ever time I add a number to my phone. This is ridiculous. ANYONE have a resolution?