1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Saving onto SD CardSupport

1. ray316

ray316 Active Member

Where is the SD Card on the LG GT540 in menu:confused:

How do you download photos/ games/ data files etc and save to SD Card to look up when needed. l cannot find it anywhere.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

You need a file manager, as Android doesn't have a built-in file manager.. Astro File Manager is recommened...

To copy files to SD, connect it with USB with your PC.. Drag the notification bar>tap on 'USB Connected' & Select Mount... Now, you should see your SD as a removable driver in your PC...
  3. ray316

ray316 Active Member

Hi Nirob, l've done what you said and downloaded pictures and videos to the phone and it's saved straight on the Gallery . l do not seem to have a seperate folder that says external sd card like my other LG Shine did. So l cannot download straight from computer to SD card then:confused: and there's no external SD file :confused::confused::confused:
  4. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

When you open Astro, you are already in SD... Check the top bar, it says ''/sdcard''... Now, if you press the Up button in Astro, you'll be in Phone Memory(Don't touch anything here).. Scroll down & select 'sdcard'.. You are back to SD again...

Do the way I said, it connects the SD inside your device as Mass Storage... And when you copy the pictures & videos in SD card... They'll show up in Gallery altogether no matter where you copy them...
  5. ray316

ray316 Active Member

Connected usb and went to notification and selected mount , but l cannot see SD as a removable driver in the pc, or will this be the removable disc (E) that l send photos and videos to which are then put onto the phone:confused:
  6. xlomo

xlomo Active Member

When you mount the SD from your phone to your pc it shows up as removable disc, whatever file you move in this removable disc will be available from your phone when you unmount the sd card. Just don't mess with the default folders.
  7. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

I meant Drive... Swype sometimes suck! lolz