saving photos directly to cloudGeneral

1. kisby

kisby Well-Known Member

Is there an easy way to send my current gallery directly to the cloud all at once instead of one picture at a time? Also, what's the easist way to save then to the cloud by default as I take them?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. kisby

kisby Well-Known Member

found it. thanks anyway.
  3. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Google + does both of these easily. Maybe that's the one you found :)
  4. gkuhlen

gkuhlen Member

Dropbox is the easiest one to use.
  5. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

+1. It can be set to automatically upload the pictures you take whenever connected to the Internet.
  6. kisby

kisby Well-Known Member

I used amazon cloud, but these others are good ideas, too. Thanks!
  7. Goodspike

Dropbox also has two factor authorization, which I don't think Amazon has yet (although their system is fairly good, as I recall).
  8. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Well-Known Member

How do you recover photoes from google+ if you get a new device?
  9. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

As long as you sign into your new device with the same google account, those pictures should be visible on your new device (google+ app)
    Or, you can always go to google+ on your computer, and view/download/manage your pictures directly there.
  10. motoracer1486

motoracer1486 Well-Known Member

Mega is the best.
  11. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

I have avoided updating Dropbox since they added that feature because it was mandatory. Is it now a configurable option to auto-send pics to the cloud?
  12. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

I have had dropbox forever. I've never seen where photo upload was mandatory... At least on the Android app. When it first came out they would give you extra space for turning it on, but that was it.

FYI there is currently a setting in the app to turn off photo uploads. (afaik, its always been there)
  13. Goodspike

A agree with Crashumbc--Dropbox photo uploading was always optional. I know because I had it turned on for my phone, but I didn't turn it on for the wife's phone until a few weeks ago. And we were always fairly up to date on the Dropbox version (no more than a week behind).
  14. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

Thanks for the info, but FYI, it is not in v1.2.4 (what I'm running). So to clarify, if I turn on the function to send pictures to Dropbox, it is in effect only for pics I take while that setting is ON (i.e., it doesn't retroactively uoload everything in my Gallery as well)?
  15. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

If/when you turn on the Dropbox auto update function, the first thing it asks is if you want to upload existing photos. If you say 'no' it will just upload any photos taken from that point on.
    Mr. Lucky likes this.