Saving pictures and songs to the hard driveSupport

Last Updated:

1. lordsmog10

lordsmog10 Member This Topic's Starter

This is my first post and i traded my incredible in for a droid x. I must say i liked the incredible had it since day one, but the x is a better phone in almost every way. Anyway to my question, how do i save pictures and songs to the 6+ gigs of space on the phone? At the moment i have a small sd card and want to take advantage of some of the extra space ty.

Advertisement
  2. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

You cant. The on board memory is only for apps. All pics and media goes on the sd card

3. lordsmog10

lordsmog10 Member This Topic's Starter

Oh really? wow will froyo change that? Apps are so small I don't see the point of having 8 gigs of free space for apps.

4. OrderFromChaos

OrderFromChaos Well-Known Member

Yes, in Froyo the developer can select one of three options in the manifest (internalOnly, preferExternal, and auto) on where the preferred installation is. Once the app is installed you can choose to move it to the internal memory or to the SD card using Manage Applications in the settings area.

5. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Me neither...its really stupid if you ask me since you will never fill 8 gigs with apps. Maybe they will update this in the future but for now, 16 gig sd card is plenty for all my media

6. rlynch

rlynch New Member

Do you know how to save email attachments on the sd card?

7. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

Didn't take you long to find the one thing not better than the Dinc Lol

The internal memory is a big waste imo. I have 113 apps that take only 114meg. At that rate I could load every app on the market and still have room left over :-(