saving pictures from internetSupport

Last Updated:

1. jpaskell

jpaskell Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    I tried to download a picture of an item from the internet (Amazon) and a note popped up saying that it was saved in "pictures saved". Anyone know where this might be? I have looked through both internal and external sd cards and can not find anything.

I appreciate any help you folks may be able to lend.

2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

The downloaded picture should be in the folder Download on your internal SD card.

3. JesseBrown23

JesseBrown23 Well-Known Member

Yeah it shoukd be in your gallery if it saved.
  4. jpaskell

I just checked again, both sd card0 plus external sd card. I checked all the download files and any file that an "x" in it, and some that didn't.

It may have something to do with getting pictures from the internet, or specific sites. Strange that it says it did download it in a file call "files saved"

Thanks all for the quick responses.

5. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

Hi Jim

Pictures that I downloaded from the Internet went to the Gallery folder in "my Files" on the main SD

Videos goes to the Video folder on the main sd card.
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You might search your phone with a file manager that has a few search options like ES File Explorer.
    With ES you'd search for picture files with a specific date change (the download date).

7. jpaskell

Many thanks to Bosbouer and Harry2 for their input.

I do not have a gallery folder in my "my files" folder. Don't know why, just don't have one. Perhaps I should set one up? Don't know if that would work or not.

I may just take Harry2's 'suggestion and download ES File.

Thanks again for the input.

P.S. I don't have a phone, just a tab 2-10.1 with wifi only
  8. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

Open the Gallery app, look for the Download folder. Picture should be there, select it. Then touch settings (upper right) and select Details. That will give you the path, something like:
  9. jpaskell

Thanks again for all the input. I truly appreciate it.

I got the answer from another forum. I find that if you just hold down the image with your finger, it brings up another screen that allows you to save the picture where you can easily view/move it.

Thanks again to all who helped.

10. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

Sorry for confusion! The folder in "my files" that holds pictures is labelled "DCIM"

The gallery app is linked to the DCIM folder by default