1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Saving pictures sent in text messages?

1. Drob253

Drob253 Member

Anyone know how to save a picture someone has sent you through a text on the G1? I have clicked on everything and I can't seem to find a "save picture" option. Any help?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. richy240

richy240 Well-Known Member

Have you tried pressing and holding on the picture? I don't know if that would work, but it might!
  3. Syrax

Syrax Well-Known Member

This has been mentioned in various threads including one that I started myself. I have not seen a response yet as to how to do this. Currently the work around is to forward the message to your email account and download the picture onto the device. This may work for now but I would really like to be able to save them directly from the MMS.
  4. tslewisz

tslewisz Member

That works on my Moto Droid.
  5. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

or hitting the menu button?
  6. Sweed

Sweed Well-Known Member

Just hold down on the picture
    when you let go a menu will pop up and saving the picture will be an option
  7. mistylee1224

mistylee1224 New Member

Holding the picture down doesn't work..i have tried it..i also need to know how to save a picture
  8. Rugger_Chicago

Rugger_Chicago New Member

ok, so running Gingerbread on Samsung Galaxy SII.

The way I was able to save the image, was the press (and hold) the picture INSIDE the text message. Then a menu popped up, and one option is "Attached items".

This will not work if you already clicked on the image in the message (to get a full screen). You must do it from the the actual 'text message screen' and not the 'i already clicked on the image in the text message, and its in full-screen mode" screen. :)

Let me know if that works.

Cheers!
  9. 30percent

30percent New Member

I have a G1 and it worked. Don't open the photo in the text message, just open the thread and touch the pic in the message a menu will pop up. 1st option save image to SD card....