• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Saving text messages from phone

LocalHero

Jan 26, 2011
I'm in a dispute with a no-show cabinet maker and am wanting to save the thread of text messages that we've exchanged in a printable format. All of the apps I see on google play want full network access and multiple other permissions that I really don't see the reason for. Is there a simple way to do it or an app from a source to be trusted?

All the threads on this seem pretty old.
I'm using a Motorola Razr m with 4.4.2
The phone is rooted and I just use the stock message app. I have titanium backup and thought that would do it but if it does I haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks,
John

Airdroid.

Shows all messages in the browser, then can copy, paste and print what you like. It does require network access, because you're viewing it from your PC or Mac.
sms.jpg

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I guess I thought it would just store them on the sd card or email them to me. I love all the apps available but always wonder if I'm opening myself up to something evil. This cabinet guy is now saying he'll just give me my money back so I may not need the texts printed out but I'll try it anyway for future reference.

Thanks all!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones