• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

saving to memory card on HTC Wildfires

tigertoes

Lurker
Dec 26, 2011
Can anyone help please my phone keeps saying I have to delete stuff to be able to view for example in my Gallery. I can only think that my phone is trying to save to my phone. I cannot find anywhere where the settings will save to my memory card. I did format the card but nothing is helping The memory is showing ample space.

Hello,

Welcome aboard the forum. What you need to do is, move some or all your installed apps from your phone to the SD card. [Menu>settings>applications>manage applications>downloads] -- then Tap on the applications you need to move to your SD card. You should then see the option to "save" to SD card. Note: After moving the applications it would be best to restart the device.

Happy Holidays. :)

Upvote 0
Did you formatted the card? I did this one time and I was experiencing the same problem. I'm trying to remember what I did to fixed it. Hmm! Instead of going to downloads - Tap on storage use - then On SD card - from there checked all applications ( see if you get the option there) If it says send to phone...do it, then go back to downloads and move them back to the SD card- this should revert the process. I know this night be a lot of work depending on how many apps you have - but this happen because the SD card as been formatted. I don't know another way of doing this.

I hope this works for you. Best of luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones