• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Saving to SIM

Advice for a newbie, please. I added my contacts from my SIM card to my htc Hero, i now want to add a new contact. I added it to my phone, but when i try and save to SIM, a message appears saying 'SIM card error'. Can anyone point me in the right direction, as to resolving the problem.
Thanks in anticipation Paul.

Just tried it here, created a new contact of type SIM, gave it a short name and a phone number, saved it and it was ok.

SIM cards are pretty limited in what you can store on them: Name has to be 14(?) or less characters. You can only store one phone number per contact (no postal adresses, email addresses, birthdays or anything like that).

I'm guessing if the contact has any of that extra info added it may fail to save.

Also your SIM might be full.

Regardless: You shouldnt really be keeping your contacts on SIM on a smartphone - it's far too limiting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones