• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Saving to USB stick

Robertino

Lurker
Sep 7, 2016
Apologies if posted before but I've done a search and couldn't find an answer.

I have a LeelBox Q1 Plus box with Android 5.1 and Kodi version 16.1
The Backup Program App does not seem to be able to save the backup file/s to my USB stick. Another backup Wizard and App also cannot save to mu USB stick. I can manually save files and folders to USB using ES2 file manager.
1. Is there way that this can be fixed?
2. If not I don't mind spending more on another box if anyone can recommend one that does not have this problem?
3. If it in insoluble by using an App can I just copy the Android folder to USB stick and then to restore just delete the Android folder and paste in the copied folder?
Many thanks

Many thanks for that. I've previously looked at that link but it is about the Backup App which I can't get to work on a USB stick. If you have got it to work with a USB stick are you on Android 5.1 and have you any tips as it has a scheduled backup feature that would be handy? If not no problem as I can just copy the folder using ES2.

Reactions: Andrew Cole
Upvote 0
I can get a good KODI backup to my USB stick using that app/add-on... but I'm on Android 4.4.
Maybe that makes a difference.

Is your USB stick larger than 32 gigabytes and also (it's a long shot) try changing the USB slot.
(I've read evidence that the USB port on the rear of the box behaves differently than the 3 on the side.)

Is the USB stick USB 3 or USB 2? (The older USB versions may work better with KODI.)

Does your box have a memory card slot? You could try using that for KODI backups, no?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones