• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Saving TXT messages from ROM to ROM

Thanks.. saves me from asking about the colors :)

LOL no problem... yea the Red system settings are the ones that can cause FC problems when going from ROM to ROM. I pretty much avoid them, the only system apps I really back up and restore are the SMS one and the Contacts one (this is awesome if you are like me and have a bunch of contacts that you have to join)...

Upvote 0
I have a loaded nextheme several times and i used titanium backup each time. Every time i loaded any save system settings or text messages it would crash. Eventually i had to completely download everything again and start from scratch. I hate saying this but i tanium backup completely failed me except using it as a list of previously downloaded apps. I hope you have better luck than me.

Upvote 0
I have a loaded nextheme several times and i used titanium backup each time. Every time i loaded any save system settings or text messages it would crash. Eventually i had to completely download everything again and start from scratch. I hate saying this but i tanium backup completely failed me except using it as a list of previously downloaded apps. I hope you have better luck than me.

Have you tried the verify back up option under the batch options? It sounds like your getting bad back ups. This has happened to me, here is what I did to fix it (ymmv):

1: Go to batch options and select Remove all back ups.
2: Hit the box on the first page that says Fix Problems (this will install the latest version of BusyBox)
3: Go into batch options and select Back up all apps with data
4: Go into batch options and select Verify Backups (if this fixed it then you should get 0 errors)...

Reactions: Titaniac
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones